AUSTIN, Texas — Feb. 22, 2022 —BeckTV, a premier systems integrator for the broadcastmedia industry, worked with Ross Video to design and implement broadcast-quality multimediasystems at Localhost at The Block in Philadelphia. This new esports campus is owned by NerdStreet Gamers and is the first of its kind in the nation.
The 40,000-square-foot campus, known as The Block, not only functions as Nerd StreetGamers’ new corporate headquarters, but also includes — among other things — globalbroadcast studios; a Localhost gaming and esports facility for hosting community, scholastic,amateur, and pro-level tournaments that get streamed worldwide; and a bank of 150 top-of-theline gaming stations that locals can rent to compete against other gamers in the facility oronline.
“We are thrilled to have built a world-class, state-of-the-art broadcast facility designed foresports events here in Philadelphia,” said Todd Berman, vice president of media at Nerd StreetGamers. "Our control room, studio, and caster area at Localhost at The Block elevate in-personexperience and online tournaments to the next level. We are grateful that BeckTV and RossVideo partnered with us to develop a toolset to create the highest quality content for thecommunity."
“We’ve provided Nerd Street Gamers with a highly reliable, broadcast-centric system,” saidBeckTV’s Matt Weiss, vice president of business development who helped design andimplement the project. “Now that the system is based on broadcast-quality equipment, itprovides the best possible experience for viewers and players.”
Together, BeckTV and Ross Video designed the system, with Ross Video providing expertise inesports implementations, equipment recommendations, APIs, and most of the equipment. Thesolution includes:
● 34-foot by 5-foot LED ribbon package designed and installed by Greg Gerner Inc.
● Ross Carbonite Ultra production switchers driven by touch screens running RossDashBoard™ rather than traditional hardware panels
● Ross 96 x 96 Ultrix 3G router/AV processor with built-in MultiViewers
● Panasonic 4K Professional PTZ cameras and a Panasonic wireless camera
● Six-channel Ross Mira replay system with four recording channels and two playouts
● Three-channel Ross XPression CG and graphics system
● RTS OMS Digital Party Line with Roameo Wireless beltpacks
● Epiphan Pearl Nano All-In-One Video Production System - Streamer and Recorder forsending live RSS streams to Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook
“We’re delighted to have worked with BeckTV on this flagship new facility for Nerd StreetGamers,” commented Phil Englert, Ross Video’s business development manager for esports.“It’s another impressive esports hub that will bring together pro and amateur gamers alike,developing the community and setting new standards for esports production. The number ofdedicated esports venues springing up around the world is remarkable, and we’re delighted thatso many are choosing Ross to provide the highest levels of quality and flexibility.
“Being able to apply my 25 years of broadcast engineering experience to an esports venue,along with my countless years of gaming, allowed BeckTV to successfully execute a premierbroadcast system,” said Abel Sassenhagen, the BeckTV project engineer who oversaw theproject on the ground in Philadelphia. “Now Nerd Street Gamers has a state-of-the-art setupthat will satisfy gamers and fans for years to come.”